[alberg30] Re: Painting Topsides

Frank Ficken fficken at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 5 09:53:11 PDT 2000

IF you want to get involved in this type of project, I highly
recommend Don Casey's book "This Old Boat." He gives explicit
instructions on how to achieve the best results in painting topsides
by rolling and tipping. One piece of personal advice. Use only a two
sided epoxy. Awlgrip is best. I have never seen anyone use a single
part paint and get decent results.

Good luck.

Frank

--- In alberg30 at egroups.com, "John Bailey" <baileyje at v...> wrote:
> Has anyone tried the Roller-Brush method to paint the topsides.
The Interlux brochure seems to make it sound easy.  Is this so and
were the results acceptable.

> John Bailey
> "Zevulun" #33

Free Worldwide Calling with Firetalk!