[alberg30] Noise from wires inside mast

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Mon Aug 7 15:31:34 PDT 2000

This is probably not the classiest solution but it is simple and pretty
easy.

I drilled small holes in  the mast about two-three inches from the sail
track, every six feet or so down the length of the mast. Then I sprayed
that crazy expanding foam stuff, you know the kind you get at a hardware
store--red can with yellow cap--I think its called FOAM Stuff. No need
to spray allot--just a dab, you just want to catch the wires and have
the foam expand out of the drill hole, thereby holding down the wires.
Scrap away the excess that shows on the outside and voila, your wires
are now snug, and quiet.Note:The position of the holes really depends on
the where you can get the wires to come against the inside the of the
mast.

 It has worked for the past four years on #499, and never a problem when
we lived aboard for 9 months.

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"