[alberg30] Noise from wires inside mast

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Mon Aug 7 15:40:57 PDT 2000

> Has anyone come up with a solution for the clanging of the wires inside
>the mast ?

Scott,

My solution when I was rewiring the mast was to enclose the wires in foam
insulation of the type used to insulate water pipes. This method doesn't
restrict the space inside the mast which might  be a problem if it is
necessary to add other wires or cables later. The only problem I had was
that the foam tended to catch on sheet metal screws and pop rivets as I
dragged the foam enclosed wires through the mast. I finally found the right
orientation of the mast that let me pull the wires and foam through the
mast without the foam catching.

Regards,
		Bob Johns, Wind Call #397

Apply NOW!