[alberg30] Noise from wires inside mast

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 8 06:42:52 PDT 2000

Joe .... I am impressed!  I Like a guy who dares to be bold!  I would
agree with you that this should pose no problem for future need to
rewire the mast. With your method of every six feet or so there should
be no problem in either pushing an electricians "fish tape" or a length
of #9 wire up through the mast. I also find it a good idea to
permanently leave a run of 1/8 in braided nylon in the mast in the
invent a messenger is needed at a later time.

Tom S

alberg30 wrote:

> Tom:  that would have to be a Mad Scientist Original!
>
> As George points out though, its important not to use too much foam
> (ie:
> don't fill the whole cavity) so you can add future wires or pull out
> the
> old ones. When I did this, I seem to remember lining up my holes with
> the wires, placing the straw nozzle of the foam can into the hole, but
>
> between a couple of wires, and then giving just a squirt while I
> backed
> the straw out of the hole, causing a trail of foam to follow. The
> result
> was as a small dollop of foam that held the wires in to the inside of
> the mast. I think I used an odd size drill bit just under 1/4".
>
> I don't think it would be too hard to remove the wires, after using
> this
> method. The amount of foam  you use is so small, you could easily
> stick
> part of a bent  coat hanger, bent nail in a drill chuck,  or something
>
> else into the hole and simply pop the foam out of the way. I suppose
> you
> could also force something up into the mast to clear the foam out
> also.

Never lose a file again. Protect yourself from accidental deletes,
overwrites, and viruses with @Backup.
Try @Backup it's easy, it's safe, and it's FREE!
Click here to receive 300 MyPoints just for trying @Backup.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6349/10/_/476031/_/965742919/