[alberg30] Cockpit drains and Cape Horn steering

Peter Amos P.A.Amos at tesco.net
Sun Aug 13 00:01:05 PDT 2000

Lee,sounds like a good solution,but not for me.I have wheel steering  where
you have fitted your hatch. I can reach them at a stretch over the top of
the Westerbeke but there is the danger of damage to the injector pipes etc.I
think I will go ahead with re-siting the thru hulls in the lockers and put
some sort of protection over them against damage from locker junk.A friend
from Titusville (owns a Pearson) is staying with me at present. His solution
to additional drainage is to run two heavy duty rigid plastic pipes from the
the bottom of the vertical stern bulkhead in the cockpit through the stern
locker and out through the transom above the waterline.This does not drain
the cockpit completely but does remove the bulk of the water very quickly
and that is what I am interested in.His boat is in the same yard as Tait
Tait so I shall look at this option in November.I may want to fit a Cape
Horn wind vane at some time so I shall have to make sure this solution would
not interfere with it.Do second hand Cape Horns come on the market, what
sort of price are they,and is there a web site for used sailboat equipment?
Peter Amos
TaitTait #478

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Apply NOW!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Enjoy a half minute of relaxation
3. Get rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7876/10/_/476031/_/966152752/