[alberg30] spreader brackets

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Wed Aug 16 14:40:21 PDT 2000

Regarding the broken spreader flange-base: I had a replacement made at
the time one of mine cracked, it was machined from a block of aluminum.
It is substantially stronger than the other. I don't see any reason to
think that aluminum is not sufficiently strong, a machined part will be
at least as strong as a casting, and mine has thicker sections. Also,
using aluminum avoids dissimilar metal prolems.

--Dan Sternglass
Watcher of the Skies, #201, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

Need A Credit Card? 0% Interest-Up To $7500 Credit Limit-Everyone Approved
http://click.egroups.com/1/8403/10/_/476031/_/966461958/