[alberg30] engine mount bolts

alberg30 alberg30 at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 6 21:04:55 PST 2000

I asked this once before--but missed any replies due to a problem I had with my server.

After a successful removal of my atomic 4 from #499, I am getting ready for the re-installation. While taking it out of the boat, four of the six engine mount bolts broke.

I plan to re-drill the holes, maybe fill with epoxy and filler, and then re-drill again.

My question: what is inside the engine bed mounting locations in the newer A30's with the fiberglass pan? Do the bolts just screw into fiberglass? wood? metal inserts? nuts inside the fiberglass pan?

Anyone who has replaced their engine, or perhaps reconstructed their engine bed might be able to comment on this.

Any other suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance;

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"

eGroups eLerts