[alberg30] engine mount bolts

RacerXat39 at aol.com RacerXat39 at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 01:31:13 PST 2000

  I did change or re installed my motor also just recently on number 463!!
   I also had a few bolts that broke inside.... I drilled them starting with
a smaller drill and worked my way up till nothing was left inside....Then ran
the same size tap through it as it should be...I forget what size they are at
the moment..
  Another had a peice of it sticking out a bit....I drilled it and used a
peice of square steel pounded to the center with a hammer and unscrewed
it....You have got to take your time with it what ever you do....DO NOT DRILL
IT TO NEXT SIZE!!
   Or epoxy it as it is metal and your motor ground also!!!!!   It is a steel
plate under the fiberglass with threaded holes for the motor mount bolts...or
steel squares wrather.. This is my first Alberg also....and im no expert..
   Just my way of doing it!!
                                                  Scott

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/476031/_/976181479/