[alberg30] The builder of the AL22 and AL29...

John Birch sunstone at idirect.com
Thu Dec 28 20:13:36 PST 2000

José,

Well yes to both questions. It is Nye Yachts, 22, 29, 34 makers and Whitby 30, 37
makers. To my knowledge Douglas and Hullmaster were the same design but as to the
22 all I know is Nye made them, if someone else did too, well that is news to me.

It is the Great Lakes Alberg Association, not the Alberg 30 Association - as
Commodore at the time we changed the organization to embrace all Alberg designs. An
active, interested 22 person such as yourself would fit perfectly into the
Association - a win win for sure.

Think about it mon amis,

John

José Campione wrote:

> > Allen Nye Scott is the Nye of Nye yachts - Ian is an error - "to err is human
> > ...."
> > The  Great Lakes Alberg Assoc. accepts A22 & 29 members. Give joining a
> thought
> > -$25 CDN or almost free in Suthern dollars ; )
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > John
>
> Hi John,
>
> Good to know. However, "Nye Yachts" is another puzzle as the company that
> built the 22's and the 29's was actually named "Allan Nye Scott
> Enterprises". Would this be the one referred to as "Nye Yachts"? Actually,
> the Alberg 30 designs page mentions the "Douglas Marine Craft" as the maker
> of the AL22. I don't know anything about such company, but I believe that
> the Hullmaster's - later to become the Douglas' - were made in London
> Ontario. Would that be the one referred to as the "Douglas Marine Craft"?
> Did they really ever build an Alberg 22?
>
> I am also i the process of creating an AL22 list (just a list, not an
> Association!) and I appreciate that AL22 skippers be welcome in the AL30
> Association. I also guess thqt I have benefited already enough from the
> group as to consider joining the Association. The information on how to
> apply is probaly on the web, but maybe you could point me in the right
> direction?
>
> PS.- Almost a whole perdiem here up North...!
>
> Many thanks,
>
> -José-
> Vandor AL22 #284

eLerts