[alberg30] The builder of the AL22 and AL29...

Jos é Campione campione at cyberus.ca
Thu Dec 28 19:24:54 PST 2000

> Allen Nye Scott is the Nye of Nye yachts - Ian is an error - "to err is human
> ...."
> The  Great Lakes Alberg Assoc. accepts A22 & 29 members. Give joining a
thought
> -$25 CDN or almost free in Suthern dollars ; )
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

Hi John,

Good to know. However, "Nye Yachts" is another puzzle as the company that
built the 22's and the 29's was actually named "Allan Nye Scott
Enterprises". Would this be the one referred to as "Nye Yachts"? Actually,
the Alberg 30 designs page mentions the "Douglas Marine Craft" as the maker
of the AL22. I don't know anything about such company, but I believe that
the Hullmaster's - later to become the Douglas' - were made in London
Ontario. Would that be the one referred to as the "Douglas Marine Craft"?
Did they really ever build an Alberg 22?

I am also i the process of creating an AL22 list (just a list, not an
Association!) and I appreciate that AL22 skippers be welcome in the AL30
Association. I also guess thqt I have benefited already enough from the
group as to consider joining the Association. The information on how to
apply is probaly on the web, but maybe you could point me in the right
direction?

PS.- Almost a whole perdiem here up North...!

Many thanks,

-José-
Vandor AL22 #284
campione at cyberus.ca

Download Net2Phone's free software to make FREE calls anywhere within
the US from your PC now! Get great low rates on international calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10923/1/_/476031/_/978060685/