[alberg30] masthead

John Birch sunstone at idirect.com
Fri Dec 29 05:37:27 PST 2000

Peter,

In 25 words or less, you are right. Nicro pressing of the shrouds is, well crap, suggest you either get swaged fittings, or better Norseman's or Staloc fittings and do the job properly. By this point, the
shrouds likely should be changed too. Match the clevis pin to the hole size.

Bolts????? Yikes, no way!

Cheers,

John

Peter Amos wrote:

> I would like to see a good resolution closeup photograph of the masthead and masthead rigging connections of an A30.Is there a site with one,or does anyone have one they could e-mail? I looked at my own recently through binoculars. The upper shrouds were run through holes in tangs attached to the mast, folded over and clamped with Nicopress fittings. The backstay was folded over a bolt through the masthead fitting and again clamped to itself with a Nicopress.I'm no expert on rigging but this seems unusual.
> The lowers were connected to their tangs with swaged forks which is more conventional.
> Peter Amos
> Tait Tait #478
> p.a.amos at tesco.net

Download Net2Phone's free software to make FREE calls anywhere within
the US from your PC now! Get great low rates on international calls!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10923/1/_/476031/_/978097058/