[alberg30] masthead

Bob Johns rjohns3 at optonline.net
Fri Dec 29 05:46:45 PST 2000

>I would like to see a good resolution closeup photograph of the masthead
>and masthead rigging connections of an A30.Is there a site with one,or
>does anyone have one they could e-mail? I looked at my own recently
>through binoculars. The upper shrouds were run through holes in tangs
>attached to the mast, folded over and clamped with Nicopress fittings. The
>backstay was folded over a bolt through the masthead fitting and again
>clamped to itself with a Nicopress.I'm no expert on rigging but this seems
>unusual.
>The lowers were connected to their tangs with swaged forks which is more
>conventional.
>Peter Amos

Peter,

All of my rigging uses swaged forks - no Nicopress - what you have is
unusual. Folding over  the shrouds and backstay  is a bad idea. The
normally installed rigging wire (1x19 ?) is not meant to be bent sharply.
The stainless steel wire used used for halyards still should not be bent
that sharply. i would change it to the arrangement on the lowers.

Bob Johns, Wind Call #397

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/476031/_/978097618/