[alberg30] hull/deck

dan walker dsail at gte.net
Thu Feb 10 09:59:17 PST 2000

From: "dan walker" <dsail at gte.net>

i apologize for bringing up this topic again since i realize there was a lot of similar discussion recently on it, but we have had very little moisture since i acquired rascal and did not realize until recently that i have a problem. can i remove one screw/bolt at a time and put bedding compound through the toe rail to seal the holes the bolts go through, or do i have to remove the whole toe toe rail to properly keep the water out.
also, i know i am addressing the choir here, but i attended the strictly sail show in chicago this weekend and looked at all the shiny new boats and walked away feeling good about purchasing rascal. yep, she needs things done, but i still feel she is a better boat than everything i looked at there.

most of my sailing has been on island packets and i really like those boats. bill bolin from island packet yachts was at the show and we chatted a bit and he was complimentary of the alberg 30. coming from him that really made me feel good about the purchase.
anyway, as usual thanks in advance for comments about the hull/deck query
dan
rascal #145