[alberg30] dingy project- success!!

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Sun Feb 20 18:10:15 PST 2000

To the Group:
I forget who mentioned it, but when I asked what to use as a rub strake for my dingy renovation project, someone suggested old fire hose. Well they were right on the money. While a commercial rubber rubstrake might run between $60-100, fire hose was free for the asking. And it looks quite salty when attached with ssteel screws.

I managed to get 50 feet of nearly new fire hose, FREE!

Well #499's dingy restoration is complete. Chalk up another successful winter project. You can see a couple of pics at:

http://userweb.interactive.net/~alberg30/rf.html

Thanks again for the fire hose suggestion!

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"
PS--Still working on the hard dodger. Waiting for a weather break to try on a cardboard pattern.