[alberg30] Spinnakers & drifters

greg vandenberg fashionguy at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 23 06:36:09 PST 2000

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at ameritech.net>

Well the UK rep. stopped by and looked at the spinnaker. Sure enough... that
spinnaker was reshaped to be used as a cruising spinnaker. Not in the best way
but it works well for running and beam reaching. What was done was this... the
foot was tapered (material removed) by about 3 feet as you progress toward the
clue (new clue and reinforcing was the give-away). In effect shorting the
roach by that 3 ft. He said that the better way to do it would be to have cut
a pie shaped wedge from the belly of the sail.	Regarding the drifter... I felt
he was pushing towards a new cruising spinnaker and not a drifter. He said
that a new spinnaker (cut flat) would care me through about 70 degrees
apparent. In the end he was going to put a quote together on both the drifter
and a new cruising spinnaker. More later......

Forever. If you have any desires to sell your products or services
online, or you want to expand your customer base for FREE, Come check
out Shabang!com FREE eStores!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1299/4/_/_/_/951315954/