[alberg30] bilge/keel

dan walker dsail at gte.net
Mon Feb 28 08:55:19 PST 2000

after all the recent discussion relating to battery placement i took a look at rascal. she has four access boards. from aft the first two have the pans for the batteries. the third is just open space. my question is i am not sure what i am seeing.
the area is not finished off. from port and starboard there is fiberglass that comes in a few inches as if it used to be connected but over the years has broken/warn away. then in the middle it appears to be solid something. it is brownish is the best i can say. like rust or years of grime. i guess after rambling, my question is on older models #145 is this what i should see, or has something gone awry that i need to look into.
my concern being is it possible that water can get into the space between the outer hull and the metal in the keel. thanks in advance
dan
rascal 145