[alberg30] access hatch

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 08:37:39 PST 2000

From: finnus505 at aol.com

In a message dated 2/28/00 9:39:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
gewhite at crosslink.net writes:

<< cond Lee's message. My boat had a similar, about 18 x 22 Bomar hatch
 installed when it was re-engined with a diesel and I would not be without
it. Mine,
 too, "gives" a little when you step on it, but it has been on the boat more
than 10
 years and no one has gone through it, nor has it seemed to weaken the boat
any.
                                         - Gordon White A 275

Hi Gordon,
If I remember correctly, the cockpit hatch on your boat is one of the smoked
glass bomars, that would otherwise serve as a real hatch for the forcabin
etc, right?  The Bomar I installed is sold as an access panel, and is made of
white plastic, opaque, and has a plastic frame that mounts to the boat, not
an aluminum frame. Do I remember correctly?  If so, the hatch you have is
indeed stronger than this access panel, and so your hatch would not require
extra protection, as it is designed to be walked on
.
Lee

Planning a party? iParty.com is your complete source for party planning and
supplies, with everything you need to throw the perfect party!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1635/4/_/476031/_/951853342/