[alberg30] Alberg

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 1 19:57:11 PST 2000

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

All -

Well, then, how about the Cape Dory Typhoon?  Mine even said "Alberg Typhoon, built by
Cape Dory" on the builder's plate.  Available as a "Weekender" and daysailer.  Both have
a good sized, self bailing cockpit.  Lots of them around, some fairly cheap.  I went
from one of those to a 23-foot light weight, center board yawl, to the A30.  If I was
going back to a daysailer, and wasn't worried about trailering, I would (probably) get
another Typhoon.

My $0.02.

dls
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229

p.s. Still looking for help getting spreaders fabricated, if anyone has any info.

dls

Robert Kirk wrote:

> I thought I'd mention the name Alberg just to remind myself what this list is about.
>
> Not that I have anything against small traditional day cruisers.

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
Intro APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.