[alberg30] small traditional day cruiser

Arthur D. Chotin afpadc at afprinters.com
Wed Feb 2 11:36:23 PST 2000

From: "Arthur D. Chotin" <afpadc at afprinters.com>

I couldn't agree more about the virtues of the Sea Sprite 23. We owned the
cruising model until we got our A30. We day sailed in it, cruised in it and
participated successfully in a number of races against larger boats which did not
know they were being raced against :).

It is comfortable in the cockpit, adequate below, incredibly steady, and had the
dryest bilge I ever saw. Only once in three years did we need to pump out because
of unintentional water.

Rap1208 at aol.com wrote:

> From: Rap1208 at aol.com
>
> Paul, see if there any Alberg Sea Sprites available.  Same size as the
> Ensign, with the most beautiful sheer you've ever seen.  The day sailor has a
> big cockpit like the ensign, but there is a cruising model, sleeps 4 with a
> self bailing cockpit.  I owned the daysailor model for 8 years. A lovely
> boat. All halyards lead to the cabin top, and it's easy to single hand.  Back
> in the 1970's a young man singlehanded one to England, with no self steering
> gear.  It will sail along for long periods with the helm ties and sails
> adjusted properly.
> Russ Pfeiffer

> GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds.  Get rates as low as 2.9 percent
> Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees.  Apply NOW.

Arthur D. Chotin
President
American Financial Printers
1700 K Street, NW