[alberg30] Heres a great smaller boat...

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 15:52:50 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 2/4/00 12:09:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mgrosh at shore.intercom.net writes:

<< n the Subject ot "transAtlantic boats".  If I recall the smallest
 >transatlantic boat was a little under 6",

 As it happens, I am now reading this guy's story (Alone Against the
 Atlantic, Gerry Spiess 1981, Control Data Publishing)
 10' long with 5'6" beam

Another good book is "Tinkerbelle", the story of Robert Manry. He was a
newspaper editor, who in the late 50's decided to sail across the atlantic in
a small boat.  He had an old town clinker dinghy, 12 feet long  or so, and he
built a plywood deck and little cabin on her, and made the voyage.  It's well
written.
Lee

Finding a sweetheart is hard work. Shopping for one shouldn't be.
Click here for Valentine Surprises.