[alberg30] Heres a great smaller boat...

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sun Feb 6 06:23:41 PST 2000

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

In a message dated 2/4/00 8:48:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, RABBIT649 at aol.com
writes:

<<   Now if I could find something like it around 21-25 in fiberglass...,
then
 I could fulfuill one other mission in life that i can't do with a Bristol
27'
 Weekender...(to retire and gunkhole Barnegat Bay).
     But I do prefer a keelboat overall.
 Paul >>
Paul,
you are describing the Alberg 22, or the Sea Sprite here.  I think that is
what you want. A South Coast 23 in good shape, or a Kittiwake will do as
well.  It's only a matter of which you find first in the condition you want,
and for the price you are looking to spend.  Hit Soundings and the various
websites.  By-The-Sea is a great place- the University of Rhode Island has a
boat donation program, and I've seen some great deals there.  they have had a
couple of Rhodes Meridians, a 25 foot fbgls boat of the early 60's, built in
Holland, sold here by Seafarer back then, for under 5 grand.  that is a nice
boat, too.
Hope this helps,
Lee
http://by-the-sea.com/