[alberg30] Cabin overhead and locker interiors

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Tue Feb 8 14:29:48 PST 2000

From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>

You are really asking for trouble with a sandblaster. Sand everywhere, and if the pressure isn't just right, it will cut fiberglass like butter. The Porter Cable Paint remover is the way to go if you are going to spend the money. On the other hand, the inexpensive flap wheel sanders you see in WW catalogs fit a drill motor and work well. A good flexible pad palm sander works too (Porter Cable or Dewalt).
Alan

On 2/8/2000 at 12:49 PM FINNUS505 at aol.com wrote:

>From: FINNUS505 at aol.com
>
>Hi Friends,
>When we bought Stargazer, she suffered from that common boat malady,, peeling
>paint in the interior.
>We redid the overhead in the main cabin, but have put off the rest, because
>as anyone who's done this know,s it is such an unpleasant job. I don't know
>which I hate more; sanding the bottom, or trying to scrape and sand the
>overhead of a cabin, or the inside of lockers!!
>Which brings me to the question; in the latest Harbor Freight Tools
>catalogue, I see what they call a pancake compressor- a small, 50 lb., 4 hp
>air compressor for about 130 bucks. It led me to think that sand blasting the
>offending areas clean might be the easiest solution to the problem.
>Anyone on the list have experience with this kind of equipment, and tried
>this kind of application?  Besides the compressor, what else would I need to
>do a job like this?
>Thx,
>Lee
>Stargazer #255

>Valentine's Day Shopping Made Simple.  Click Here!

$10 Savings on Pet Valentine Gifts.
Looking for that pet-perfect Valentine’s Day gift?
Click here for $10 off purchases of $25 or more.