[alberg30] Cruising spinnakers and such

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Tue Feb 8 21:30:14 PST 2000

From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

Sanders,

I'm pretty sure Bacon's doesn't have a web site.  Anyway, I don't
have any direct experience with cruising spinnakers (I use the
symmetrical spinnaker when cruising.  It's not hard to handle in
light air and takes little tending if you overtrim it slightly.),
but Neil Pryde in Baltimore had, some years back, a bunch of
cruising spinnakers they'd made on speculation and offered at
a discount to the albergers.  You might see if they still have
any or put a message in the Mainsheet to see if anyone has one
they're not using and want to sell.

 - George

SandersM at aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone on the list have any experience with such sails, and any
> suggestions?  Is it possible, or likely, that one can be bought used through
> Bacon or elsewhere?  Does Bacon have a Web site?

eGroups' Valentine's Day Gift Guide - Shop Here Now: