[alberg30] Cruising spinnakers and such

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Wed Feb 9 08:04:52 PST 2000

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

We put the whisker pole or (your spinnaker pole) on the clew and go wing and
wing dead down wind. It is also faster at times while going down wind to sail
off
to to one side or the other while heading in a down wind direction.
PS: I was speaking about this very subject a the sail show and the subject
came up about the fact that my cruising spinnaker might have been modified
from a spinnaker... sooo... you might find easier and less expensive to pick
up a spinnaker and have it re-cut as a cruising spinnaker.

Tom wrote:  The disadvantage
> is if you want to head dead downwind, this set up is not the greatest.

> SandersM at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone on the list have any experience with such sails, and any
> > suggestions?  Is it possible, or likely, that one can be bought used through
> > Bacon or elsewhere?  Does Bacon have a Web site?

Body Paint, Chocolates, & Roses Oh My.