[alberg30] Cabin overhead and locker interiors

Jack Phipps JPhipps at asf.com
Wed Feb 9 15:18:19 PST 2000

From: Jack Phipps <JPhipps at asf.com>

I had my Alfa Romeo bead blasted. They used the plastic from the holes from
buttons (button holes?). It removed the paint without removing the
galvanized coating on the metal. The interior was out as was the trim. I'm
STILL removing dust and button hole parts from the car. With the top down,
the stuff circulates around and gets everywhere! Are you sure you don't want
to wet sand and paint?

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction

From: "Michael Grosh" <mgrosh at shore.intercom.net>

Sears makes a 'home size' sand blasting rig I have used. It didn't work very
well in my application, but I think that was because it was too large a job.
It may be perfect for interior cabins-be prepared for the media to go
_everywhere_. The plastic stuff sounds interesting-I know everything from
glass beads to crushed walnut shells are used for blasting. Be aware, in
industrial blasting, 'black beauty' (obsidian, I think) is used due to OSHA
concerns regarding siliconosis.Also, I would think a smaller size compressor
is possible if a surge tank is set up-a continuous flow of high volume air
is probably not necessary for what you are contemplating.

Michael #220

  _____

 <http://adforce.imgis.com/?adlink|2.0|2|82047|1|1|misc=3926;loc=300;>
ONElist Sponsor