[alberg30] Whisker pole length

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Fri Feb 18 17:02:47 PST 2000

From: SandersM at aol.com

In a message dated 2/18/00 7:53:23 PM, fashionguy at ameritech.net writes:

<< We use a heavy duty telescoping pole for our whisker pole and for poling
out
the cruising spinnaker. I love it! Some will say its not up to it but neither
am I when the wind pipes up to such a condition as to make it unsafe to use
this stile of fabrication. In light air... its great. >>

I've located a Forespar pole in slightly used condition, telescopes from 7 to
16 feet, for $150, which seems about $100 less than the catalogue price.
Should I buy?  I am assuming from Lee's post that it would work for the
genoa, since he said the pole should be about 12 feet.  Would 16 feet be long
enough to pole out the cruising spinnaker as well?

Thanks for the advice!

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  # 297

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0
percent Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers,
Rewards Points, no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and
get the credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at