[alberg30] mail order (was: Fiberglass matt & epoxy)

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Sat Feb 19 06:41:08 PST 2000

From: George Dinwiddie <gdinwiddie at min.net>

I have mixed feelings about Harbor Freight.  They're definitely a
low-cost operation.  You can get some great deals from them, but
you have to watch what you're getting, too.  And they're often
out of stock on something you want.  And they're slow to ship.
All in all, they're worth dealing with, but they can be a bit
frustrating, too.  They seem to be related to JC Whitney and to
Sportsman's Guide catalogs.

For fiberglass materials, I like Fiberglass Coatings, Inc.
in Florida.  They're a first-class outfit.  Quick and efficient.
Of course, this costs money and, while they're reasonably
priced, you don't find the kind of steals that you do at a
place like Harbor Freight.

Anyway, I stocked up on several hundred nitrile gloves the
last time they went on sale.  I've thought about the 4"
grinder for under $20.  My good DeWalt is taking a beating
with the fiberglass dust.

 - George

FINNUS505 at aol.com wrote:

> From: FINNUS505 at aol.com
>
> In a message dated 2/18/00 10:14:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> gdinwiddie at mail.min.net writes:
>
> << P.S.  I just got a notice that Harbor Freight has nitrile gloves on
>  sale.  These are the gloves I use for glasswork.  They hold up much
>  better than latex and, at 8 cents apiece, I can change them
>  whenever they get sticky.
>
>   >>
> What would we do without Harbor Freight?  :)  That black Ushanka hat in the
> catalogue is the warmest hat I have ever had.
> Lee

> Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
> Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
> Points, no hidden fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the
> credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at

Forever.  If you have any desires to sell your products or services
online, or you want to expand your customer base for FREE, Come check
out Shabang.com FREE eStores.