[alberg30] Mainsail Winch

Jim jbcundif at csinet.net
Sun Feb 20 07:40:41 PST 2000

I thank you for your comments. I didn't like it at first glance but
figured I just didn't understand it the whys and wherefores. I thought
the one saving point was that it allowed a single handed sailor to raise
an lower the main easily. Aside from the broken strands with meathooks
causing a problem what is the other dangerous happenings...for instances
what happens when you release the brake...how should the sail be lowered
to do it safely.
    Jim