[alberg30] cabin sole

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Mon Feb 21 07:27:00 PST 2000

From: Scott Wallace <tristan at one.net>

After sanding with 220 sandpaper, I use a rag with mineral
spirits to wipe clean after vacuum cleaning the dust up.
Then I mix polyurethane GLOSS varnish with about 2/3
varnish, 1/3 mineral spirits and get this first coat
down...it soaks in wll and provides a "grip" for the next
few coats...I then apply about four to six coats, lightly
sanding with 220 between coats...If you want a semi-gloss
finish you can rub the final coat with a light 220 sanding
followed by a rubbing with 000 steel wool, then get up all
residue since the steel wool leavings will leave ugly rust
stains where ever they are...
I prefer the gloss since it wears well and looks good.

Scott

dan walker wrote:

>  From: "dan walker" <dsail at gte.net>hello all,this is not a
> very technical question, but your advice so far has been
> great. so, is there a consensus on what to put on the teak
> sole after sanding. i have been using gloss varnish
> everywhere else, but am wondering about the
> maintenance/safety issue for the sole.all comments
> welcomedanrascal #145

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/912/4/_/_/_/951146824/