[alberg30] Mainsail Winch

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 14:14:59 PST 2000

From: rap1208 at aol.com

Tom, You must not have an Atomic 4.  I sailed on aOearson wanderer with the
same removeable shift.  It had a Palmer engine.  All you ned is a straight
bar, and you can remove it under sail.

Tha comment about winch handles: with the old South Coast type cockpit
winches that used the insert type of handle, the same type fits the halyard
winch.  My cockpit winches are Barlow 2 speed, with a convential handle.
Much easier to replace.  The old ones now cost upwards or @50  @60  if you
can find one.  I'd guess that a lot of boats have the new type everywhere.

Russ Pfeiffer

Want to help promote education? Help kids learn to read? AND earn
extra income? Join our affiliate program for the successful Hooked
on Phonics product and you will do all three!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1633/4/_/_/_/951171307/