[alberg30] Mainsail Winch

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Tue Feb 22 12:19:26 PST 2000

From: Tom Sutherland <sutherlandt at prodigy.net>

Russ/George ... I am not sure what engine was originally in #412 but it
is now fitted with a Westerbeke 30. I realized that you were to remove
the handle when sailing but kind of wondered if there was an original
shift handle which was a bit less obtrusive than the winch handle. It
did not appear to be a very well thought out plan to use the winch
handle.

Tom S
A30  #412
InCahoots

rap1208 at aol.com wrote:

> From: rap1208 at aol.com
>
> Tom, You must not have an Atomic 4.  I sailed on aOearson wanderer
> with the
> same removeable shift.  It had a Palmer engine.  All you ned is a
> straight
> bar, and you can remove it under sail.

What's the coolest new Web resource? It's the AskMe Page, which allows you
to have your own Q&A platform, interact with peers and earn rewards! It's
simple, fun & FREE! Get it now! Click here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/1459/4/_/_/_/951250715/