[alberg30] rudders

Michael Grosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Thu Feb 24 09:23:11 PST 2000

>there are what appear to be wood pieces(perhaps a skeleton)

For what it is worth, those pieces of wood are not part of a skeleton.It's been a while, but I seem to recall at least some of those pieces were triangular in cross section. Some of mine were popping loose, and I rebedded them with thickened up polyester resin. That's been about 15 years now-no further problems.I considered glassing over the whole mess, but didn't because 1. the history of glass over wood is one of incompatibility (eventually). 2. The rudder is presently removable by unscrewing bronze machine bolts-which I probably would have covered over with glass.3. I wasn't sure of one design status on what could be interpreted as a modification of rudder cross section.

Michael