[alberg30] GPS mount

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 07:38:39 PST 2000

From: rap1208 at aol.com

Saunders, Just some imput about the gps, A frien of mine made a swing away
mounting, for a loran.   a friend of mind made a mounting for a loran. It is
mounted to the bulkhead above the stove, and swings out into the companionway
for readings.  You mignt want some sort of locking device, (perhaps a shock
cord) to hold it there.

You can get a small hand held, like a Magellen 310 for about a $100 that can
be   used in the cockpit, and store in a small holder, or on the shelf above
the ice chest

Also, you can't always expect pin point accuracy, like a loran,  so use
caution , especially in fog.  My LORAN will bring me back within 30 ft of the
waypoint I entered at  that location.  It's done it time after time, and I
trust it more for close in location work thatn I do either of my hand held
GPS units  (Magelleon, and Garmin)
good units, but in really bad fog, I'd trust the loran, if I can get a signal.
 Just my opinion,
Russ  #251

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit youdeserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/912/4/_/476031/_/951579528/