[alberg30] GPS mount

Michael Grosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Sat Feb 26 10:23:27 PST 2000

From: "Michael Grosh" <mgrosh at shore.intercom.net>

For what it is worth, for the last several months I have been using a DGPS
(Differential) which is the Coast Guards patch to restore accuracy to the
DOD system (I know, I know, but this is the US Gov't we are talking here
:) ) and it's accuracy is impressive. The biggest advantage I see is it's
possible to take coordinates directly off the chart and write as a waypoint.
That isn't possible with LORAN due to (as I understand it) the speed
differences of radio waves traveling over land or water-or something like
that. On the other hand, that is a fixed distortion, and the repeatability
from one day to the next is unchanged. Repeatability is a feature not even
listed with GPS

Michael
P.S. on my unit, the sampling rate is adjustable in setup

Who will win the iMac?
Register now and win a FREE iMac at AWZ.com!
click here!
http://click.egroups.com/1/1963/4/_/476031/_/951589687/