[alberg30] diesel-props

Dick Filinich daf at mobiletel.com
Sun Jan 16 20:15:26 PST 2000

From: Dick Filinich <daf at mobiletel.com>

Peter:I have to agree with guy,doesn't sound right.If your in an area
where your boat is in the water year round,your bottom could be covered
with barnacles and oysters,you've got transmission problems,or maybe
wheel.I have a Kubota diesel with 2:1 reduction with 12x6 prop two blade
and cruise at 2000 rpm at 5 1/2 to 6 kts.Seems like your 3000 rpm's is
high for a prop under load especially with your prop.I'd get in touch
with Westerbeke and transmission manufacturer they should have some
answers.

Dick "High Spirits"#191

Sign up for eLerts at: