[alberg30] Read Beigel's Sea Hood

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Mon Jan 24 06:55:11 PST 2000

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

George is right, Read makes a beautiful one, and I had him make one for
Calliope last summer. I would have attempted something like this myself, but
I am very allergic to fiberglass resins and cannot work with them.

Anyway, Reid dropped by my boat to check it out and about two weeks later I
had the hood. Sturdy, practical, and the cost, offhand, was about $250. I
was really glad we had it three weeks later when we were taking water over
the bow and decks as we headed upwind down the very choppy Delaware Bay.

Tom F.
Calliope#287