[alberg30] getting to insulation

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 08:53:18 PST 2000

From: SandersM at aol.com

Lee, greetings.

I read your account with interest.  For those of us without engine access
problems, your experience is still useful for what you found when you cut
open your icebox.  I wonder:  Was the insulation cavity -- the space in which
you found the styrofoam and newspapers laid in -- one continuous space, or
was it baffled, or compartmentalized?  It occurs to me that one might cut a
couple of access holes in the interior of the box, pull out the old material,
and fill it with some sort of injectable foam/gel sort of insulation.  Would
that seem to you -- having now had the exerpience of dismantling the icebox
and having seen the interior construction -- to be a workable fix for the
icebox?  If so, do you have any suggestions about how best to proceed on such
a project?

Sanders McNew.

Sign up for eLerts at: