[alberg30] brightwork

Thomas Parks parks24 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:12:18 PST 2000

From: "Thomas Parks" <parks24 at hotmail.com>

I don't know Practical Sailor said about finishes for your topside but I
swear by Sikkens. I have new toe rails, new cockpit hatch covers, and have
refinished all the rest of my wood. All is covered with Sikkens, all I do in
the spring is wipe the wood off with rag and apply a new coat and all looks
nice all summer. One afternoon with a brush in hand makes a world of
difference!! My two cents!!!

Tom Parks
"Tradewinds" #48

P.S.  As an after thought - I sail on Lake Michigan with no salt, that might
make a difference in endurance!!

Sign up for eLerts at: