[alberg30] brightwork

Brian Zinser bzinser at nmu.edu
Fri Jan 21 05:29:48 PST 2000

From: Brian Zinser <bzinser at nmu.edu>

Tom, I'm surprised at the conditions of some of these saltwater boats.  In
agreement that the boats that are in saltwater take a lot more abuse than
our freshwater boats.  I also think our shorter season has something to do
with the better condition of our boats.  If any of you coastal dwellers are
ever looking for a new used boat, consider a Great Lakes boat.  You can
even deliver the boat yourself through either the Erie Canal or
Illinois/Mississippi waterways.

Up here on Lake Superior, I can go 4-5 seasons without even thinking about
bottom paint.  And at haul out, what little growth I have can be wipe off
with a damp sponge.

Brian
Manana #134

   At 07:12 PM 01/20/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>From: "Thomas Parks" <parks24 at hotmail.com>
>
>I don't know Practical Sailor said about finishes for your topside but I
>swear by Sikkens. I have new toe rails, new cockpit hatch covers, and have
>refinished all the rest of my wood. All is covered with Sikkens, all I do in
>the spring is wipe the wood off with rag and apply a new coat and all looks
>nice all summer. One afternoon with a brush in hand makes a world of
>difference!! My two cents!!!
>
>Tom Parks
>"Tradewinds" #48
>
>P.S.  As an after thought - I sail on Lake Michigan with no salt, that might
>make a difference in endurance!!

>Get great offers on top-notch products that match your interests!
>Sign up for eLerts at:

Sign up for eLerts at: