[alberg30] Questions on toe rail and genoa track repair

Christopher Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Fri Jan 21 19:09:09 PST 2000

From: Christopher Sousa <jsss at net1plus.com>

Dan and the Alberg Team:

The other option one which was used on Carina Vela was Delrin cut 1/2 X
1/4 using the genoa track as a template to predrill the holes. The
material will not rot and is flexiable enough for the curve of the
gunnel. Agree with Jim, there isn't any need to cut or damage the hull
all fittings are accessable from inside the cabin. I also plan on
replacing the wooden piece under the track for the mast fitting in the
spring using Delrin as well. All material cost approx. $60-70 from a
local plastic supply house.

Stephen Sousa
Carina Vela