[alberg30] Questions on toe rail and genoa track repair

A30240 at aol.com A30240 at aol.com
Fri Jan 21 17:19:33 PST 2000

From: A30240 at aol.com

For a spacer on Isa Lei, I went to Home Depot, the section with plastic
latice and bought a piece of trim.  It is "U" shape and designed to cover the
raw edge of the latice.  I cut the bottom of the "U" off leaving me two
strips 1/2" wide 8 feet long.  I used the track as a guide to drill it (1/4"
holes) and replaced the track.  Removing the track was no problem, if you
don't count having to use a brace to turn the bolts.  The nuts were easy to
find with out cutting but the bolts were well "pretzeled".  Had to replace
most of them.  The white plastic "U" is flexable and seals the screw holes as
well as 5200, which I also used.

Jim Davis
Isa Lei
240