[alberg30] Digest Number 650

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Jul 11 04:33:54 PDT 2000

RE chlorine: swimming pool test kits will let you test your tank water
for safety, if not taste

RE: anchor windlass: I mounted a manual windlass ten years ago using a
1/4 inch sheet of marine plywood under the deck and have had no problems
so far that I can detect. The strain is so close to shear along the deck
that I do not anticipate any strength problems compared to those that
would be found by, say, trying to pick the boat up by the windlass and
trying to pull the bolts through the deck. Also the windlass mounts with
more bolts than a typical cleat one uses for mooring or towing.

                Gordon White A-275