[alberg30] Re: A30 Survey/Holding Tank Installation

finnus505 at aol.com finnus505 at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 06:06:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 7/21/00 12:02:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, rap1208 at aol.com
writes:

<< ht the boat it had a rubber bladder holding tank.  It didn't
 take long for me to realize that the smell was from that.  I replaced the
 tank and the hoses with the best hoses I could buy.  I ran them in the same
 place the old ones were.  There was a hose going through the bulkhead into
 the tank, and a hose for pumpout out, and a venthose, (smaller).  I did it
 all in one day.  Rather messy and smelly, but not to bad. make sure the tank
 is empty when you start.  have some Lysol or something like it handy.use new
 clamps.
  Pretty simple really, just a nasty job.  I used a 14 gal , ( Wilcox
 Critenden, I think)
 Russ >>

Hey,
Maybe 'flushing' the system with soapy water (Pine Sol, or somethng strong)
before taking it apart to work on it would save you some of the smell
unpleasantness.
Just an idea,
Lee

Find long lost high school friends: