[alberg30] Roller Furling Considerations

Guy Lalonde lalondegc at videotron.ca
Sat Jul 22 08:23:22 PDT 2000

Most roller furling systems are a set of joined tubing & drum that slide
over the existing forestay.

I understand there are also some roller furling systems out there that
replace the forestay altogether. The system does both functions: it holds up
the mast and at the same time it is the roller furling system.

Does anybody have any experience with such systems ?

Are these systems much better ? Pros and cons ? Probably more expensive ?

Guy