[alberg30] Jib Sag/Schaefer Furling

Gord Laco gord at transatmarine.com
Mon Jul 24 12:54:07 PDT 2000

Hi Gang,

On boats I have rigged with headsail furling, I use a nifty trick that goes
as follows... I use a slightly larger braided line than the manufacturer
calls for, but I remove the core from the first half of the length of the
line (of course I carefully whip & sew the transition point).   I have a
Harken system on my Alberg 30 - the above installation lets me use line that
is easier on the hands without stuffing the drum.

Gord "Surprise" A30 KC426