[alberg30] Hull numbers

Peter Amos P.A.Amos at tesco.net
Sat Jun 10 15:52:17 PDT 2000

Going through some earlier files that I had saved I found lots of information on hull numbers.  Some of this correspondence mentioned that the hull number comprised three elements, length,year and production number and was found on a metal plate attached to the boat in the area of the companionway.
"Tait Tait" has no metal plate anywhere,attached or in a locker or drawer, but does have stamped into the cill behind the companionway steps,and into the hull inside the stern lazarette "HULL NUMBER 42ESJ82" This number also appeared on the Florida title with 1972 as the year of manufacture.
I take the serial number 478 from the mainsail but as someone pointed out sails can be secondhand.
Does anyone have any ideas how" Tait Tait" could have acquired this strange hull number ?
Peter Amos