[alberg30] Hull numbers

sandersm at aol.com sandersm at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 07:33:31 PDT 2000

In a message dated 6/10/00 7:16:49 PM, P.A.Amos at tesco.net writes:

>"Tait Tait" has no metal plate anywhere,attached or in a locker or drawer,
>but does have stamped into the cill behind the companionway steps,and into
>the hull inside the stern lazarette "HULL NUMBER 42ESJ82" This number also
>appeared on the Florida title with 1972 as the year of manufacture.

It's only a guess, but TAIT TAIT may have been documented with the Coast
Guard, and the number you see could be her documentation ID number.  My
recollection (I've owned documented vessels but my WILD ELF is registered
with New York, not documented)  is that you are required to put the number on
the hull in a way that cannot be erased or removed.  Although, if she is a
documented vessel, I don't know why you'd have a Florida title for her.

Sanders McNew
WILD ELF  # 297
Oyster Bay, New York