[alberg30] coating rudder hardware

alberg30 alberg30 at interactive.net
Sun Jun 11 20:16:34 PDT 2000

I think I asked this once before-but can't find the post.

On the rudder of #499 there is some black caulking ( now dried and cracked) covering the rudder hardware. I think George said it was to protect the pieces from corrosion or something.

I can pretty much get the remains off--what do I put on in its place? Would you recommend 3m 5200 (black) ,or is that over kill. Perhaps another, less durable caulk would be better? Suggestions? Or maybe it doesn't need to be covered at all.

Thanks again;

Joe #499
"One Less Traveled"