[alberg30] Trailers

Jack Vanderloo jvdloo at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 9 13:55:49 PDT 2000

Russ,
    The chap I spoke with in Tobermory sails a gray Norsemen 447 out of Detroit -
his name's Gerry or Jerry.  Dapper chap; you might know him.
    He was the one who remotely, via VHF, diagnosed a problem aboard a sinking
Catalina 27 in whose company I'd left Tobermory for Port Elgin in 31kt. true!
(It was less heading south in the Bruce Peninsula's lee.)  Crazy!
Jack

rap1208 at aol.com wrote:

> Jack, you're right about sailors form other areas comeing to Lake Huron and
> getting whumped.  Happened to Ted Turner, and The US Navel Cadets
> (Guerierre), even guys from Texas and the West coast.  (Ha)  who think they
> know how to sail.  In Lake Huron, they have to play the wind shifts, local
> knoweledge of the on shore breezes, etc.   I sailed once with a young man who
> grew up sailing in the Chesseapeke, who got seasick on Lk Huron. I've done
> over 20 Pt Huron Mac s myself.  Everything from no-air drifters, to 40 plus
> Knots of air,  keeps you sharp.
> Russ

Free @Backup service!  Click here for your free trial of @Backup.
@Backup is the most convenient way to securely protect and access
your files online.  Try it now and receive 300 MyPoints.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4935/8/_/476031/_/960584041/