[alberg30] Trailers

rap1208 at aol.com rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Jun 9 13:08:40 PDT 2000

Jack, you're right about sailors form other areas comeing to Lake Huron and
getting whumped.  Happened to Ted Turner, and The US Navel Cadets
(Guerierre), even guys from Texas and the West coast.  (Ha)  who think they
know how to sail.  In Lake Huron, they have to play the wind shifts, local
knoweledge of the on shore breezes, etc.   I sailed once with a young man who
grew up sailing in the Chesseapeke, who got seasick on Lk Huron. I've done
over 20 Pt Huron Mac s myself.  Everything from no-air drifters, to 40 plus
Knots of air,  keeps you sharp.
Russ